2.18.2010

The Death of a Tadpole

Tragedy struck our home this morning when Big Girl discovered this:

IMG_7916

He/she was BG's favorite Christmas gift and was supposed to turn into a frog. We had already had a false alarm last week when it wasn't moving much which resulted in hysterical behavior from BG. So although I knew the little creature was dead (by evidence of his body log rolling as I swished around the water), I told Sam we would give him the rest of the day before we decided whether or not he was really dead.

I delivered the bad news after school. It went over better than I had expected.
We had a little memorial service in our backyard:

IMG_7929

Big girl really held herself together until she gave the eulogy. Her little face crumbled:



Lilah laughed at some point and was harshly reprimanded by her oldest sister. She responded a little something like this:



We recovered quickly and headed for the trampoline.
R.I.P Lukey 01/10-02/10

2 comments:

candace said...

oh dear...the first death of a pet....i hope she is okay with it now!

The Drewery's said...

that picture of Samantha made me tear up...love her heart.