7.14.2010

License Renewal

We got a thick form from DHR a few months ago with lots of papers for us to update to renew our foster/adoption license. The forms have sat in a drawer but the idea of them being there has definitely sparked a little fire in my heart and mind.

Last week I checked my voice mail (for the first time in a month or so) and had two messages from a state social worker wanting to do our semi-annual home inspection to keep our license current.

Semi-annual = twice a year right?

We'll forgive them for being a year or so behind:)

I talked to the big girls about the social worker coming and how now it wasn't about them but about other children. I asked them how they would feel if we ever had more children here. They were beside themselves with excitement at the possibility, which honestly I was surprised about.
Later, Lizzie asked when the sisters were going to be here.
"What sisters?" I asked her.
"The sisters the worker is bringing!"

Silly girl.

Our house was checked and we changed our status from 'adoption only' to 'foster and adoption'.

I won't lie, the desire to foster right now is definitely there. I also know that we aren't there just yet. Knowing that doesn't mean I wouldn't be tempted if we got that call. Luckily I have a husband who (kindly) pulls me back down to earth, but also promises that we'll reevaluate in the fall/winter. It's certainly something to pray over.

In other news, we are revamping the big girls room. We've got a bunk bed on its way and in the mean time, we are going though every box, shelf and drawer to sort: keep, trash or donate (with an emphasis on trash and donate). I feel lately that the girls have so much stuff, they don't even know what they have anymore. It all gets lost in piles.

Anyway, Lilah and I made excellent progress today while the girls were in music camp. I'll post pictures when we get the bed up.

2 comments:

melanie said...

THis is such exciting news. I have to say, I am in awe and inspired. I have recently been struggling a little with things. At times I feel like I may have "bitten off more than I can chew." She is wonderful but we have our struggles. And, it is a bit of a challenge with birth family and previous foster family still around. But, I just keep my eyes focused upward and thank Him every day for all of the blessings. It was good to know that I may eventually get to a point where I feel far enough along to venture in again. That was always our plan. :)

With love,
melanie

Kelly said...

Oh how exciting. I can't wait to see where God takes you this time.