7.23.2010

Lilah

I want to tell you a little bit about my one year old.

IMG_8401

But first, let me show you a few photos from her first birthday that I haven't posted yet:

{Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you}
IMG_8593

IMG_8594

IMG_8598

IMG_8599

Thank you to all of you who were there to celebrate with us. Just a quick funny...Jonathan called me at work the next day in a panic that Lilah had blue poop. A quick rewind made me suggest that it may have been the black icing. Several hours later he texted that, "yes, it was definitely the icing."

Moving on...

I know that all momma's think that their baby is the cutest, but no kidding, mine is. I could just eat her up. I'll also admit that she came from the high maintenance aisle at the baby store.

She goes down in her crib every night but by the morning she is in our bed. I'll tell you a secret...we really don't mind too much. She's a really good snuggle bug.

IMG_8705

She is tiny although I know I've mentioned that here before. At 12 months she was 16 pounds but she's also tall, being in the 75% in height. One of her favorite activities is throwing food from her high chair into the floor. She also "shares". She always holds out her food for you to take a bite.

She recently cut four teeth up top. Until then, these two bottom teeth were all she had. And they are crooked which I find adorable.

IMG_8605

She's loud and has lots to say. Her favorite is "Hey!" Sometimes we have a conversation of saying 'hey' back and forth for minutes at a time. She's a real charmer. While in the grocery store she'll stare at people until she catches their eye then say, "Hey!" in her really cute voice and then blow a kiss. It gets them every time.
She blows lots of kisses understanding that it is a communication but not that it is an endearment. Many times in anger she'll slap her hand to her mouth and in her maddest tone yell "MUAH!" and throw her hand out. That cracks me up! She's expressing herself:)

She just in the past week started preferring walking to crawling. She's perfecting her step and, as my mom says, still has the Frankenstein walk.

IMG_8683

She adores her sisters. She can be entertained for a long time just being in the same room with them. And lucky for her, they love her just as much. I have left her with them several times to shower, etc. and come back to find her dressed from head to toe in dress up clothes. Crown, shawl, you name it and she's got it on...just standing there smiling at me.

She also prefers their toys and who can blame her...

IMG_8646

She's a little bit quirky too. One of her quirks is putting things on her head. From hats to toys to her sisters' training bras, it all goes on top.

IMG_8649

IMG_8661

So many things about her right now that I want to lock up in my memory. She is precious!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my. She IS precious. Peyton was 16lbs 4oz at 4 months and Britton is 15lbs 15 oz at almost 5 months. My big boys :) I never had a tiny baby. So sweet either way :)

Jaime said...

She's such a cutie! Ella and I have enjoyed hanging out with your girls this w/end!